Now I have to get this house into shape and pack...yuck!
This is my 19th move since I was born...10 of which have been since I was married. I dislike moving so much that when we moved here I told Christian that this was it...we were retiring in this house.
Obviously, that worked out well.
The moving has slowed down though...we had never stayed anywhere longer than a year until we moved here.
Progress!
I have been trying to fix up the house, yard and pack. It hurts a lot to see my kids toys and belongings go into boxes. This has been my home...probably the first one that I would consider a real home.
As a kid I got to a point I tried not to attach myself to my houses...I still did to an extent. However, it never felt like home.
Then we moved here...I was instantly at home. This is home to me. We may be moving back from where we came from...but my heart cannot help thinking I am leaving my home.
My kids are excited. Which I am very glad about. I think I am more broken up about leaving than they are. They have cousins and grandparents to look forward to, so leaving a house isn't much of a sacrifice.
The interesting part of all this is that I feel I got the stuffing kicked out of me here. I have never struggled and suffered so much in my life until I moved here. Ironic.
I am still standing after everything that happened. I hope I am leaving here better than when I came. Life certainly has given me more surprises than I had originally anticipated.
I am hopeful this move will be a new adventure for our family...hopefully a good one. :)
I remember the excitement of arriving here...our first home awaiting us. Things definitely did not turn out how we envisioned, but we stuck it out and survived...and even enjoyed most of it.