November 05, 2011

Night out...

Christian and I have not been on very many dates since our kids were born.  Lately we have been swapping with friends so dates aren't so expensive.

I really enjoyed going for a bike ride tonight.  We inherited some bikes recently so we took them out for a spin.  I'm embarrassed to admit that I have not been on a bike since I was 14.  At first I was curious about the saying, "It's like riding a bike..." because I struggled.  Did I forget?!  Honestly!  I wobbled as sad as that is when I got started.

We had fun acting like little kids again.  I forgot how fun bike riding was.  Lately I have been thinking that maybe this pause in kids might be a gift.  Time for us to reconnect before life gets crazy again with another baby.  I almost fell off my bike looking at my cute hubby riding his bike.  Honestly, he still takes my breath away.

I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.  It didn't cost a thing for the date which was just like our dates  before we got married.  I loved that just going for a long walk was fun with Christian.  It's as though all that is coming back.  The simplicity of just spending time together.

I fell in love with Christian as we would walk miles and miles so we could talk.  I remember one night in particular we paused after what felt like moments together and realized we were at least ten miles away from our apartments.

We had fun silly adventures that made me love him all the more.  Christian is an active person that never feels simple enjoyment is beneath him to enjoy.

One of the stupidest things we ever did was throw wadded up paper up at the fan in one of our apartments, after we were married, and even writing it sounds ridiculous.  But I remember the way I laughed laying next to Christian and how much I enjoyed his company.  It doesn't matter what we are doing, he's just fun for me to be around.

Just something I have been thinking tonight.  It was a good night.  Christian and I have been through a lot together and now I think it's time to reconnect back to our beginnings.  The fun loving people we used to be before life beat it out of us...well at least me.

Here's some terrible pictures from my phone:






Yes I am that good at taking cell phone pictures (But I thought it was funny because we are still visible through the blurriness):


Here's to dating!