September 11, 2011

Ten years...

I have never written about Sept 11th on here.  It almost seems unreal now that 10 years have passed.  But I know that so many mourn the loss of their family members today.  Out of the many that died we had a family friend that knew both Christian's family and mine whose mom and sister were on one of the planes that hit the towers.

My heart is with all those who remember that day as the first day without their loved one.  It wasn't just a day to watch the news...as it was for me.  I remember I was in college and I was dating Christian.  I sat with my roommates and watched the horrific scenes until I couldn't stand it any longer.  Christian and I went for a walk...talking about hate and the awful results from such hate.

Alex holding newborn Jordan

Today, for my family, is also a wonderful day...it is my nephew's birthday.  Little Jordan is now 4.  I want to wish him a very happy birthday!!  His brother Alex's birthday was yesterday and so it get's a little crazy at my sister's house in September.

My little nephew was a miracle.  His mom was under a lot of stress and difficult circumstances while she carried him.  She also normally needed the help of fertility drugs to have children, but Jordan came without help.  We are so grateful he is here and I know he is such a blessing to his brothers and mom.  Happy Birthday Jordan!!