I catch myself feeling that I am walking around in a circle in my life.
Am I heading anywhere?...or do I just keep circling around the block and land myself where I started?
The refiners fire has been piping hot lately. I pray for a cold rush of water, but only get a few drops of lukewarm refreshment.
My mind keeps screaming, "Help!"
Everyone keeps telling me I'm doing great. I'm strong.
Am I?
I don't feel like it.
I have to pry myself out of bed each morning. My pillow and blanket are too cozy.
Sleeping is almost impossible. Once I am actually asleep then waking feels impossible.
Just as I feel like I hit rock bottom...the sun shines.
I get a reprieve...and I wonder where the pain went.
Then as I am enjoying what I hope is my climb out of the "pit of despair" I get knocked back inside. I clutch the sides begging anyone to help me not fall.
A pile of laundry, dishes, and clutter are almost so overwhelming I feel like packing it up and shipping it off somewhere...anywhere but here.
I somehow can't keep up. I try. Each day I swear I do dishes and laundry...but somehow it just grows when I am not looking.
I started "Wuthering Heights," by Emily Bronte last night. My absolute favorite book was written by her sister Charlotte, "Jane Eyre." I have never read "Wuthering Heights," and know it is a tragic ending. Maybe this isn't the best time to read something depressing...but I have wanted to read it and get it on my, "I've read list."
I am also reading "War and Peace," by Tolstoy...it is only taken me a year to get hardly anywhere...but again I want to have read it.
Distracting myself with literature isn't working as well as I would like. Running is a great stress relief, but with schedules the way they are it is hard many times to find the time. I know I need to start something else on the side, but my motivational skills are lacking these days.
I am visiting Declan's grave soon and I know that will be nice. I haven't had the opportunity to decorate the grave since we lost him. I am looking forward to that. I am a little jealous of my other angel baby moms that get to decorate for all occasions. I don't regret where we buried him, I just wish I was closer.
I really miss that little boy. Sometimes I swear I might break in half. I love you Declan!!