I think one of the hardest things about our situation is Christian's work. After we lost Declan I wanted Christian to take a week off the following week, but he couldn't. We had no time off and would not be paid for those days if he did not work. It was so hard to have him go off to work. Making money seemed so unimportant to me, but unfortunately it is necessary.I didn't want to think about trivial things, especially money, at such a trying time. I wanted to be able to just be a family and hunker down in our home and not worry about anything. But as always, life goes on, and I had to let go of the time Christian and I had together.
In the hospital it was extremely hard, but also I've never felt closer to Christian. We were hardly separated, only about two hours, the entire time I was there. I opted to go home early from the hospital and even though I had a c-section I stayed in the hospital the same amount I did with my other two. As we left the hospital I was so grateful to be going home. But as we got home I realized that the bubble was gone.
No more long talks just Christian and I. We could not curl up in my hospital bed and just cuddle for hours. The peace and quiet would be dashed by craziness of kids running around the house.