When we were teenagers she was the amazing sister that let me tag along a lot. A little silly 14 year old could not have been that fun to tote around, but she did.
That's when I realized that as sisters we could also be friends. I remember using the term, "my best friend," many times when referring to my sister. Since we looked nothing alike many people assumed we were just friends.
As adults we have grown even closer. There are times I feel like I'm still that five year old girl looking up to her sister in awe of all she knew and was. My sister is amazing. She is such a great example of a mother, a strong woman, and a dear friend. Her faith in her Heavenly Father has inspired me. She constantly teaches me that adversity is something to triumph, not succumb to.
I am grateful for my sister...who has been a listening ear when I need someone just to hear my pain. She puts up with my ridiculously long 3 hour phone conversations.
She has taught me how gracefully someone can regard life - even when it hands you such difficult things; it could crumble anyone's spirit.
Thank you my dear sister! Heavenly Father knew how much I needed you even as a child...
I have been truly blessed to be surrounded my three beautiful and sweet girls that I call my sisters.