August 10, 2010

Little Moments

I have been trying to look on the positive side of life.  As a pathological cynic that is extremely challenging.  But I do find times when I take a step back from the craziness of life and see what really matters.

My family...

When I am at my wits end my son will say, "Mommy?"  Thinking he wants something I curtly answer, "What?!"  And then he proceeds to say, "I love you."  Then it hits me.  I am being stupid!  I shouldn't get so worked up about such ridiculous things.

Today I watched my two year old set up chess pieces on the board and play "Duck, Duck, Goose," with the pieces.  She probably has no idea how much I love that.

I had a terrible dream the other day that I lost both my children.  I woke up relieved and shaken.  I know that there is more than just this life.  But the thought of being separated from my children makes me want to enjoy having them all the more.