September 16, 2011

Unsure...

I have been waiting...waiting...and waiting...for the bomb.  I look up and search the skies for something to fall upon me.  I shouldn't think this way, but every time I think, "Wow, I'm actually doing good...boom!"

So as Declan's first year is coming to a close I keep thinking...this has got to get worse right?  Something is going to set me off and I'm going to struggle, right?

It's not that I don't get sad or I'm not thinking about Declan...it's just starting to feel as though the burden of missing Declan is being lifted.

I'm sure I will still have bad days...but I'm hoping this overriding feeling is there the majority of the time.  I've had weeks of not feeling good...and I don't want that anymore.  It keeps me from enjoying the life that my Heavenly Father gave to me as a gift...not something to get through and hope I survive.

It is upsetting that I am unnerved that I'm okay.  When did that happen?  I suppose when I awoke from my C-Section.

The other night some loved ones called and I knew why they were calling...they were pregnant again.  When Christian got off the phone he looked at me and asked, "How did you know?"

I don't know how I did...I just did.  I expected this huge concussion to take over me and I would fall into sobs...but instead I laid in bed and felt peace overwhelm me.  I have never felt peace such as that in my life.  Even when I was helped after Declan I was still sad and struggling.  This peace engulfed me...telling me that everything was going to be just fine and I didn't just know it in the back of my mind...I felt it.

It should have been much more difficult...but even know as I type this the peace is still floating around me...I am okay.

I've been surprised this whole week that I have kept that peace.  I can't ever express how grateful I have been for peace, hope, and enduring love.  I am starting to feel resolution and hope for my future and the future of my family.


This was my last picture taken pregnant with Declan.  My sweet friend Jaime emailed it to me recently