July 14, 2011

Family...

We had the opportunity to have all of Christian's siblings and parents together the last few days.  It was wonderful to see the nephew and nieces that I hardly ever see.

It was a fantastic trip.  We got some sun, relaxed (as much as you can with 11 kids running around like crazy), and just enjoyed laughing together.

Every once in a while a pang...

I went to leave the large group to go to our room and looked at my two kids and felt I was forgetting someone.  *Pang*  Declan's missing.

In a crowd of people...feeling odd that it is so easy to watch my two kids when it should be a crazy juggling act...with a baby, toddler, and 6 year old.

I was grateful though.  No tears.  It was only a momentary sadness and I rebounded quite well.

I tried very hard not to think too much about watching my niece trying to take a few steps.  I kept reminding myself...it's okay, he wouldn't be walking yet anyway.  I repeated that over and over in my mind.  Then the feeling passed and I continued to talk to my sister-in-law.

It gave me hope that I can continue on the path of healing and one day it will just be sweet feelings...no more pangs of the heart.


My adorable niece and Emmy
Photobucket